The abstract submission tool is now closed. Acceptance notifications will be sent in late February.
Click here to view the online scientific program.
Please select a link below to email a request for assistance:
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION POLICIES
Deadline: All abstract submissions must have been received by 19 January, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST in order to be reviewed by the program committee.
Note: an abstract submission tutorial is available for your reference.
- Abstracts must focus on scientific results or their application. The Program Committee may decline to consider abstracts with other focus.
- Following the abstract deadline, submitted papers may be placed in a different, more appropriate session than the one to which it was submitted. Final decisions regarding placement of individual papers and sessions rests with the Program Committee.
- The abstract title is limited to 300 characters and the abstract text is limited to 2000 characters. The 2000 character limit includes spacing and punctuation.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English; however authors also have the option to submit abstract titles and abstract text in French.
- LaTeX is supported. Special characters are also available in the abstract management system.
- The person submitting the abstract will automatically be the First Author. The First Author will receive all communications regarding their abstract.
- A research team may be referenced during the submission process in the Title of Team field, in lieu of adding the names of individual team members.
- A flat fee of $65 (USD) will be charged for each regular submission.
- A flat fee of $35 (USD) will be charged for each student submissions.
- There is no fee for persons residing in Qualifying Low and Lower Middle Income Countries.
- The abstract submission fee is a non-refundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the Joint Assembly.
- The only method of payment accepted for abstract fees is by credit card.
- Submissions can be edited after submission and prior to the abstract submission deadline.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the meeting. Separate registration fees apply. All presenters must register in order to attend Joint Assembly. Joint Assembly registration will be open in late January 2015.
Oral and Poster Presentations
- Oral presentations cannot be requested. These are assigned by the session conveners and Program Committee based on the total number of submissions received.
- Poster presentations may be requested. These requests will be honored by the conveners and Program Committee. Poster presenters will also have the opportunity to upload their poster on the Joint Assembly ePoster site prior to the meeting.
- Submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation to give a presentation in the designated manner assigned. It also grants the organizing societies permission to publish the abstract.
- To make either an oral or a poster presentation, the presenter must be listed on an abstract at the time of electronic publication. An individual cannot present another author’s paper, if their name is not listed as a co-author on the abstract.
- Session conveners may designate individuals with Invited Author status during the abstract scheduling process in late-January. Conveners will have access to the online scheduling software with the option to assign Invited Authors status after the submission deadline closes.
- Session conveners must personally invite individuals to submit an abstract by 14 January 2015. Individuals who do not submit an abstract by this deadline will not be eligible to receive invited status.
- A person may not be invited to submit an abstract to more than two (2) sessions.
- A First Author may NOT be an Invited Author or Presenter on an abstract submitted to a session which they are convening.
- Invited Authors are not guaranteed an oral presentation.
- Invited Authors do not receive discounted abstract fees, registration fees, or travel reimbursement.
Final Program: By late February, acceptance notices will be sent to presenters and the final program will be available online.